VP, Loan Originator
Fort Amsterdam Capital
Fort Amsterdam Capital, the independent debt lending division of wholly-integrated Sugar Hill Capital Partners, is seeking an experienced originator at the Vice President level to help grow its real estate lending platform. At least five years of experience in this field is a plus.
- Candidate will be responsible for sourcing and closing high yield transitional debt opportunities from exssting relationships in addition to developing new relationships within relevant origination channels. The Candidate will focus on the purchase of distressed non-performing notes with a focus on the multi-family asset class.
- Candidate will assist the Head of Origination with execution and closing of direct loan pipeline.
- Candidate will maintain internal origination database and compile data regarding loan opportunities presented to the company.
- Candidate must be prepared to discuss transaction details with prospective investors and internal investment committee.
- Candidate must have strong quantitative and modelling skills to underwrite all real estate loan transactions. Ability to use Excel models is a must.
- Candidate must be able to assist producing Investment Committee presentations on each deal as well as Investor communications. Ability to speak with investors and Investment Committee is required.
- Highly motivated individual with strong organizational and deal closing/execution skills.
- Strong quantitative and real estate knowledge is critical. A track record for sourcing and closing loans is critical.
- Must demonstrate it has relationships and the ability to develop relationships with mortgage brokers, attorneys, title companies, banks and direct borrowers.
- Previous entrepreneurial experience originating direct NYC based transitional real estate loans is a plus.
- Team player, who takes initiative and can work under time sensitive deadlines.
- Strong academic performance from a top university preferably with a degree in finance, economics or related field.
- Understanding of valuation methodology and process across various real estate categories (commercial, land, residential, condos, co-ops, etc)
- Prior experience in the real estate group at an investment bank, private equity company, or top mortgage brokerage is required.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is preferred.
New Holland Residences
New Holland Residences, the independent property management division of wholly-integrated real estate company Sugar Hill Capital Partners, is looking for an energetic, ambitious manager to join its team as a Leasing Manager. Applicants must have a strong knowledge of the New York City rental market along with impeccable verbal/written communication skills and attention to details.
- Strong understanding of New York City rental market, particularly pricing strategy and neighborhood trends
- Collaborate with brokers and design team to evaluate apartment conditions and recommend scope of renovations to maximize value; prepare regular reports on key leasing indicators.
- Oversee the rental process by clear communication with operations team as well as prospective tenants and brokers.
- Communicate clearly with tenants in a professional and productive manner; maintain highest level of customer service.
- Oversee everyday leasing functions such as lease renewals and security deposit refunds; work effectively with legal team on matters related to rent regulation.
- Five or more years of experience in NYC-based rental market is required.
- Strong professional relationships with the real estate broker community.
- Working knowledge of New York City rent regulation and everyday issues related to regulation.
- Highly organized team player, ability to multi-task while still attentive to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills a must, experience with MDS property management software a plus.
Tenant Legal Associate
New Holland Residences
New Holland Residences, the independent property management division of wholly-integrated real estate company Sugar Hill Capital Partners, is looking for an intellectually curious team-player to join our property management team as a Tenant Legal Associate. This role will report to the Property Management Legal Director, with daily collaboration with our Leasing and Legal teams, including landlord/tenant counsel. Candidates should understand NYC rent regulation and have a passion for New York City real estate.
- Coordinate and strategize with outside landlord/tenant counsel to ensure effective handling of all potential and ongoing cases.
- Draft correspondence pertaining to regulatory matters before DHCR and other NYC regulatory bodies and supervise compliance with all regulations.
- Draft contracts and commercial leases; assist in leasing matters.
- Participate in the resolution of matters pending before the DOB, ECB, and other regulatory agencies.
- J.D. and minimum 1-3 years of experience in NYC real estate.
- Highly motivated individuals with demonstrated initiative and independence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow in a fast-paced, detail oriented environment.
- Follow-up skills and acute attention to accuracy and detail.
Salary / bonus
SUGAR HILL CAPITAL PARTNERS
Sugar Hill Capital Partners is looking for a detail-oriented, outgoing, and entrepreneurial individual who will report to the Director of Digital Marketing and Communications to support the firm’s marketing efforts, prepare communications, and implement arts initiatives across its family of companies.
- Prepare, update and / or design marketing materials (e.g. websites, newsletters, presentations).
- Support commercial art studio rental marketing efforts (e.g. photos, listings, marketing via classifieds, word of mouth, e-mail campaigns).
- Coordinate public relations efforts (e.g. prepare briefs, package media content).
- Manage social media outlets (e.g. Instagram and Yelp).
- Provide support for the non-profit art Studio Program (e.g. membership enrollment, artwork tracking, moving / mounting, archiving, and program surveys).
- Assist the gallery for the concept space and café Lil' Sister (e.g. client relations, prepare materials, coordinate events)
- Assist with various projects related to the North End Food Hall, launching in late 2018 and highlighting a roster of reknowned food establishments.
- Candidates should be currently or recently enrolled in an academic program in a related field such as marketing, communications, graphic design or art history preferred, prior intern experience recommended.
- Seniors (BA), recent undergraduate (BA) and graduate (MBA) students preferred.
- Highly motivated individuals with demonstrated initiative, independence and adaptability.
- Proficiency in Adobe Indesign and / or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience using Squarespace to build websites and Mail Chimp to create e-mail campaigns is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow in a fast-paced, detail oriented environment.
- Follow-up skills and acute attention to accuracy and detail are essential.
- Passion for real estate, life style and design are key ingredients.
The proposed 30 hour work schedule is shown below. A mandatory, unpaid 30 min lunch break.
The intern will typically report to one or both of the following work locations on a daily basis – please refer to your manager for daily assignments:
256 West 116th Street, FL 2
New York, NY 10026
336 Flatbush Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11238
School credit or Paid